Waterline Writers Open Mics are on 3rd Sundays (Sept – May) at Water Street Studios, 160 S. Water St., Batavia, after the main reading event, which starts at 7 PM. Waterline readings are now fully accessible via the main entrance.
Waterline’s Open Mic Guidelines:
- Prepare a 3-5 minute piece to share; no submission required.
- Sign up on the clipboard at the admission table. Sign up is limited to 6 people. Sign up starts at 6:45.
- We want to hear a wide variety of writers. Please don’t sign up more often than every other month.
- We blink the lights once at 4.5 minutes, twice at 5 minutes.
- If you go over 5.5 minutes, we stop your reading.
- No racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise hateful material.
- If your piece may be traumatic to survivors of abuse, suicide, etc., contact us at email@example.com
Check out these Open Mics too:
3rd Wednesdays at 6:30 PM: Modest Mic, hosted by Frank Rutledge. Sugar Grove Public Library, 125 N. Municipal Drive, Sugar Grove IL. Contact: Shannon Halikias at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-466-4686. Website: sgpl.org
3rd Wednesdays (March – December) at 6 PM: Frugal Muse Open Mic Night at Frugal Muse Books, 11 Lemont Rd, # 146, Darien, IL.
(On hiatus, due to water damage at Culture Stock.) 3rd Thursdays at 7 PM: Lit By The Bridge with Paul LaTour at Culture Stock, 43 E. Galena Blvd, Aurora, IL. Open Mic with a featured reader at each event. Sign-up at 6:45. 5 minute limit and limited to first 10 people. Contact: email@example.com
4th Thursdays (May – October) at 7 PM: Harmonious Howl with Frank Rutledge – Graham’s 318: 318 S 3rd St, Geneva, Illinois 60134 – Open mic for writers and musicians on the patio. Perform and get a free coffee or gelato. Sign-up at 6:45. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Saturdays at 7 PM: Spilled Milk – Corner House, 100 W St. Charles Rd, Lombard. For more information, see their Facebook page.
Are we missing one? Let us know so we can add to our list!